Hello! My name is Gabrielle. I find writing biographies in the third person to be an uncomfortable experience with unwelcoming results so I’ve decided not to do that.
Some things you might want to know about me:
- I live and work in Detroit, Michigan.
- My favorite color is green.
- I have a B.F.A. in Ceramics from the College for Creative Studies.
- I love to read– especially books about history and genre fiction. When I’m at the studio I listen to audiobooks. I’m always happy to hear suggestions for what to read next.
About my philosophy:
- I believe it is essential to be honest. We live in a world polluted with disingenuous people who are willing to sacrifice their artistic integrity to make a quick buck and I don’t want to be one of those people.
- I believe it is important to make beautiful things.
- I believe a dedication to craft and the traditional way of doing a thing is equal in beauty and importance to untraditional creative expression of the artistic self.
- I believe that the creation of art is essential to the human experience.
- I do not relish the exchange of money for my pieces but it is necessary. I am a human who needs to eat and pay my rent and sometimes (forgive me!) indulge in a cocktail or two. By buying my work you are investing in me and my creative practice– Hopefully that is a worthwhile trade. 🙂